Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gypped by Carol Higgins Clark

I practically inhaled this one---a very fast-paced mystery! I read it in a couple of days and it may be forgotten almost as quickly.  A literature professor once said that good literature teaches life lessons. Nothing like that here---just an entertaining read!  It would certainly not be a good choice for our Page Turners group; not much "meat" to discuss.

The novel is one in a series involving private investigator, Regan Reilly.  Interestingly all have one word past tense titles similar to this one---Mobbed, Wrecked, Cursed, Zapped, and so on.  I've probably read at least a couple though I really couldn't say which.  In Gypped, Regan is visiting Los Angeles with her husband when she runs into Zelda, a former friend, and she very quickly becomes involved in some mysterious events in Zelda's life, even putting herself in harm's way.

Gypped is not memorable, just enjoyable. I give it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment