Friday, December 23, 2022

Tamarack County by William Kent Krueger

 

"Anger blinds, Corcoran O'Connor. To hunt, if that is what is in your heart, you will need a clear eye. For that you will need a clear mind. The animal you hunt does not act out of anger. It acts in the way it does because that is its nature.... Your nature is different."

        -Henry Meloux's sage advice


Wow! I practically inhaled this one. Hard to put down! Definitely a 5 rating.

Tamarack County is Number 13 in the Cork O'Connor series and I have enjoyed them all on my Kindle. The next one is Windigo Island which I have in hard copy purchased at a used bookstore months ago and awaiting its turn. 

This one was timely, set at Christmas time in Tamarack County, and I was reading it a few days before that holiday. It involved a missing elderly woman, a brutally murdered pet dog, an innocent man falsely imprisoned, someone set on vigilante justice and a grave danger to Cork's family.

The novel held a gripping plot, characters I've become very fond of and even a bit of romantic intrigue. I look forward to #14!


No comments:

Post a Comment