Saturday, April 19, 2014

Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover by Ann B. Ross

"The reverend, he tell us that the Lord answers ev'ry prayer what's put up---it'll be either yes, no, or wait a while. But it lookin' like this be one of them no times."
                                    -Miss Lillian, from the novel

 Well, Miss Julia has taken me on another entertaining ride! This is the latest in Ms. Ross's series and she continues to amaze and amuse me with the predicaments she can get Miss Julia into. I simply love the series! According to the book jacket I have another to look forward to this year, one starring Miss Julia's friend, Etta Mae Wiggins.

In this novel, Miss Julia's husband, Sam, decides to run for office and then has health issues that cause Julia to reluctantly step into the campaign arena.  About the same time she receives a surprise guest who is in need of a "marvelous makeover." When the surprise guest brings home a male friend who has designs on some of Julia's property, the stage is set for another exciting and crazy plot.

You will not be surprised I'm giving this book a rating of 5. I've never read a Miss Julia novel that I didn't like!

No comments:

Post a Comment