Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Dead Certain A Novel by Adam Mitzner

"I'm a cautionary tale...I went to the high school for the performing arts here in New York City. You know, the one that the movie 'Fame' was based on. College at Columbia, majoring in theater, with every intention of becoming a singer after graduation. Then my mother died the fall of my junior hear, and...I guess it made me feel like I needed to do something more grown-up. I suppose a shrink might also surmise that I wanted to curry favor with my father. Anyway, I went off to law school. Fast-forward fifteen, sixteen years, and here I am, wishing I had made vastly different life choices.":
              -Ella Broden, from the novel

Due to an odd circumstance, I reread this novel. I was on a cruise and thought I had plenty of books loaded on my Kindle but when I finished one, I found I needed WIFI to download a couple of novels that were only queued. I began reading this one and quickly realized by the highlighting I had read it previously. I really didn't remember how it ended so I stuck with it to the end. I found it interesting for a 2nd time. I rated it 4 the first time and I will leave it at that. To read more, see my post of this title from July 3, 2017. I don't think I could review it much better than I did then. I do know I will NOT read it a third time!

No comments:

Post a Comment