Thursday, October 27, 2022

Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem by Laurie Notaro

 

"I'm still alive! I've seen more than half a century of events. I've seen so much stuff that I had to purge 90 percent of my childhood memories from my brain in order to make room for passwords and PINs."

       -from the memoir



This book was laugh-out-loud hilarious! It may not have a great literary value, but I give it a 5 rating for pure entertainment! So much of what the author experiences in her 50's is familiar to me, one who is a couple of decades past that age but can still remember menopause, weight gains and diets, first colonoscopy, mammograms, insomnia and many other indignities of middle age. 

After several mysteries, historical fictions and other dramatic pieces, Excuse Me... was a breath of fresh air. I may have to look for another by this author.





No comments:

Post a Comment